The top 10 picks for June, with links to view on YouTube:
1. adidas – ‘Star Wars’ Cantina 2010, agency: Sid Lee
2. Volkswagen – The Slide (Driven by Fun), agency: Trial DDB
3. Head – Andy Murray Street Magic in London, agency: n/a
4. Iceland – Visit Iceland, agency: n/a
5. Coca-Cola Zero & Mentos – The Coke Zero & Mentos Rocket Car, agency: EepyBird
6. Orbit Gum – The Prom Date, agency: Energy BBDO
7. McDonald’s & Coca-Cola – T-Shirt Wars 2, agency: n/a
8. GMC – Dude Perfect: The Cliff Jump Shot, agency: Leo Burnett
9. Sapporo – Legendary Biru, agency: Dentsu
10. Lynx Rise – Jessica Jane Clement – Her Best Bits, agency: n/a
I’m pretty NOT impressed with this list of virals. We have a couple sellouts here… Rhett and Link did a good job communicating with their audience while pushing a professional commercial out – good job to them. Dude perfect on the other hand I was not so impressed with. EepyBird is somehow still making a living by selling out to sugar water, good for them – at least they are consistent in their delivery.
Overall it just seems like people are trying to damn hard to get it right. If I had to pick a winner – I like the Volkswagen concept, but not the video they pushed out. Sapporo took me on an adventure and Lynx was the only video I continued a click through on — I wonder why.
Until next month – get some strange.