The top 10 picks for April, with links to view on YouTube (the link to Stella Artois “Up There” is on Vimeo):
1. Nike – Write the Future, agency: Wieden & Kennedy
2. TomTom – Behind the Scenes of Darth Vader’s Voice Recording, agency: Pool Worldwide
3. Olympus – Pen Giant, agency: DSG
4. Hi Tec – Walk on Water (Liquid Mountaineering), agency: CCCP
5. Arriva Movia – Mukthar’s Birthday – Better Bus Ride, agency: bybird/cadaver
6. Toyota – Toyota Sienna “Swagger Wagon,” agency: Saatchi & Saatchi
7. Sony – 3DTV, agency: Anomaly
8. Nissan – Urban Bowling, agency: TBWA/G1
9. Stella Artois – Up There, agency: Mother
10. Google Chrome, Speed Tests, agency: BBH
1 – Nike kills it (again)
5 – Flash Mobbed birthday – This is the power of social media and the direction it should go.
6 – Still give Toyota props on this, but the original is better.
9 – Quite the interesting look into a skilled original talent.
The top 10 picks for April, with links to view on YouTube:
1. Heineken – Men With Talent, agency: TBWA
2. Nike – Earl and Tiger, agency: Wieden & Kennedy
3. Old Spice – Flex, agency: n/a
4. Samsung – Master of Business Card Throwing, agency: The Viral Factory
5. Coca-Cola – Quest, agency: SANTO
6. Nike – The Secret Behind Nike Air, agency: n/a
7. Sony – Around the World in 80 Seconds, agency: Rapp
8. Nike – Music Shoe, agency: Wieden & Kennedy
9. Greenpeace – Give Earth a Hand, agency: n/a
10. Nestle – I Like Big Butterfingers, agency: n/a
The top 10 picks for March, with links to view on YouTube:
1. BMW S1000RR – Dinner Table, agency: n/a
2. Pedigree – Dogs, agency: TBWA
3. Pepsi Max – ‘Oh Africa,’ agency: n/a
4. Nike – The Human Chain, agency: Wieden & Kennedy
5. Adidas Originals – Street Corner, agency: Sid Lee
6. Tropicana – Arctic Sun, agency: BBDO
7. Sprite – Spark, agency: Bartle Bogle Hegarty
8. Sony Playstation – Move, agency: Deutsch
9. Specsavers – ‘The Specs Effect,’ agency: Specsavers Creative
10. Natural Gas Belgium – Soft Heat, agency: TBWA
Genius: 4, 10
Although I am a fan of a couple of these commercials – the key word here is that they are mainly all commercials – and that I am not a fan of. Goviral needs to rethink this batch.
About the Rankings: goviral issues a monthly top-10 list of viral video rankings on its site, including additional commentary about the videos, their approaches and why the firm thinks they are viral or likely to become viral in the future.