[YouTubeUlar] <— 92,552 I'm not a fan of Toyota using the exact same shots for different stories of their new ad campaign... but I am a fan of the general concept of this advertisement. Almost Genius.
The top 10 picks for April, with links to view on YouTube (the link to Stella Artois “Up There” is on Vimeo):
1. Nike – Write the Future, agency: Wieden & Kennedy
2. TomTom – Behind the Scenes of Darth Vader’s Voice Recording, agency: Pool Worldwide
3. Olympus – Pen Giant, agency: DSG
4. Hi Tec – Walk on Water (Liquid Mountaineering), agency: CCCP
5. Arriva Movia – Mukthar’s Birthday – Better Bus Ride, agency: bybird/cadaver
6. Toyota – Toyota Sienna “Swagger Wagon,” agency: Saatchi & Saatchi
7. Sony – 3DTV, agency: Anomaly
8. Nissan – Urban Bowling, agency: TBWA/G1
9. Stella Artois – Up There, agency: Mother
10. Google Chrome, Speed Tests, agency: BBH
1 – Nike kills it (again)
5 – Flash Mobbed birthday – This is the power of social media and the direction it should go.
6 – Still give Toyota props on this, but the original is better.
9 – Quite the interesting look into a skilled original talent.
Interesting perspective Toyota. Win one for the accelerator stick.
Toyota – your not the first. Sudden acceleration syndrome has made some news lately. But lets not forget this isn’t anything new. Automobile Magazine takes a look back at the early years of this phenomena.
Audi sales plummeted from a peak of 74,061 units in 1985 to only 12,283 sales by 1991.
I doubt Toyota’s sales will plummet like Audi’s did in the late 80s… as this is merely a small blip on the radar for the worlds largest automobile maker.
Back on the quattro side of things – If only we could do something to slow the growth of Audi today. I’m tired of seeing my brand placed into the hands of so many incapable drivers. What happened to BMW being the ultimate driving machine?